Thursday, July 17, 2008

Cherub

 
The other day, after visiting the Chihuly exhibit at the de Young Museum in Golden Gate Park, Marty and I took a close look at the huge bronze vase in front of the museum. It is literally covered with cherubs, engaged in a variety of activities. Here's one of these little guys, hugging a bee (?). While I am not enthralled by this sweet, romantic, kind of art, I must confess that I really like the vase, which I have never before taken a closer look at (never end a sentence with a preposition). I deserve thirty lashes for not checking who the artist is. And Google was no help (how about, instead, a list of restaurants or motels within a five-mile radius of the Park?). Next time more better!
 

1 comment:

Ethan Bodle said...

...the "weird urn"

There's some info on it here:
http://www.capybara.com/Oddities/Weird_Urn.html