Saturday, October 3, 2009

Crissy Field

A friend, knowing I was heading into San Francisco today, alerted me to a pink tent city that had been constructed in Crissy Field. It was not easy to find a place to park, and I had limited time, both factors leading to a less than great picture. Driving back to Marin across the Golden Gate Bridge later, I saw hundreds of walkers, many in pink T-shirts, walking toward the City. Once I got home I went online to learn what the event was all about. No problem, I thought. Wrong! I struck out completely! Well, it's a pretty picture anyway!
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I live in Omaha, Nebraska, and there was a Breast Cancer Susan G. Komen walk this weekend. I bet there were events like that held across the country. Your pic is much more impressive than anything our news covered! ;)