Friday, June 19, 2009

My Friend Mona

The mind is a strange place. This morning, on a walk around the L. G. Sanitary Ponds, Bob H and I sat down on a bench. Soon we were joined by Mona, a simple, though attractive, Yellow-Jacket. She obviously wanted to catch our attention, landing on the bench arm-rest, my walking-stick, and even my knee. Posing this way and that, it was obvious that she wanted her picture taken. Of course I complied. A bond was soon established. Now here's the weird part ~ I kept being reminded of the 1941 novel, 'My Friend Flicka' ('Little Girl' in Swedish), the story of a boy and his horse. (Please don't confuse 'Flicka' with 'Flicker'). The relationship between man and animal. Unfortunately, for technical reasons, our newly formed friendship had to come to an end, as Mona and I finally bid a fond farewell. Attached is the picture she wanted you to see.
 

No comments: