Monday, June 1, 2009

Schmetterlinghaus

Butterfly is mariposa in Spanish, and papillon in French. Both sound beautiful to my ears. Butterfly is acceptable. But the German, Schmetterling, sounds awful.
 
Be that as it may, I visited the Schmetterlinghaus in Vienna, and will probably post a butterfly picture, perhaps as early as tomorrow.
 
The wrong-reading banner "Römerquelle" (Roman-spring) is an advertisement for Austria's largest mineral-water distributor. Allegedly the spring goes back to the Romans, and was rediscovered in 1890. The company has been selling the water since 1965. If you are gullible, you will believe the advertisement which claims that the calcium and magnesium in the water will reduce stress, while improving concentration and comprehension. Drinking the water will also help endurance-athletes. This I believe, since ya jes' don' wanna get dehydrated while busting your butt!
 
Am I rambling? What does all this have to do with the price of tea in China? Sorry, I almost lost my thread. That's the Schmetterlinghaus in back of the amorous couple in my picture.
 

No comments: