Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Goats in Greenbrae?

I don't have to leave my apartment for picture opportunities. First it was deer, then squirrels, then birds, then acorns. Now it's 350 ravenous goats! They are cleaning up the brush, weeds and poison oak at an astonishing rate! I took over 100 pix and hope that THE SCOPE will use some of them. I sought out Norman, the goatherd, and he told me that he brought the goats down from Coalinga. They are Southern African goats that can handle hot weather. I had a hard time selecting a picture for the Daily E-mail, but decided on this one because it shows Mount Tamalpais in the background. Fortunately I had Norman's phone number because this morning I noticed that three goats were outside the (electrified) fence. I called him and he was right over and corralled the animals. I could go on with my story but don't know how many of you really care!
 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I care...I have your blog bookmarked and check it out just about every day...thanks for sharing your photos and thoughts....

Ethan Bodle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.