Sunday, July 19, 2009

La Cumbre

Taqueria La Cumbre on Valencia Street in San Francisco has been around for over forty years. I discovered it in the early seventies. Neither the food, nor the decor, has changed. To quote the menu "Go ahead and try the best and the first; the original, our 'Mother Ship,' the taste sensation for which we became famous: the Burrito!" It goes on to speak of the tortilla "a little slice of heaven you truly can hold in your hands. Que Sabor!" This is where Marti and I had lunch last Friday. And where I, discreetly, took this picture of the family at the other table. And where I bought a T-shirt. But that's a whole other story, which I may relate another day.
 
For those of you who still have trouble with your Spanish - "La Cumbre" means "The Summit", "Sabor" means "flavor".
 

No comments: