Monday, November 23, 2009

Waiting for Brunch

If there's one thing I cannot tolerate it's people telling me why their pictures are not perfect. It's even worse when they start explaining why they are not.
 
That having been said, let me tell you about my picture. I took it this morning at the Ponds. How often do you see a Great Blue Heron, a Great Egret and a couple of, what I think were, Snowy Egrets, all waiting for their brunch to be served by the current of the stream? But I had problems. The sunlight was blinding and the birds refused to move closer together. I couldn't change my position because a) I didn't want to fall into the drink, and b) because I would have had to shoot through some weeds and branches. So there you have it!
 
The birds' wait was not in vain. They caught plenty of whatever it was they caught.
 

1 comment:

Emma Krasov said...

What matters here is that your pics are always perfect, Hans, and at some unfathomable level you are, too.

Yours truly,
Emma