Saturday, January 23, 2010

Resurrection

I'm not necessarily exclusively a fair-weather photographer but, I'm stuck indoors, waiting for my Honda to be serviced. Meanwhile I still wanted to send out a picture taken today, and here it is.
 
My older (not by age, but by time on my list!) subscribers will remember last year's boring pictures of a Buckeye that I raised from a seed (don't eat - it's poisonous, though the Indians leached it and then did eat it). After a few months I thought it had died. For some reason or other, the pot, with the "dead" tree wound up at Bob H's house. To his surprise, he noticed signs of life a couple of weeks ago, and brought the tree back to my house. No sooner did it land on my veranda, than it began popping leaves.
 
I'm planning to drill a hole in the floor of my upstairs neighbor's veranda in a few months. I'll keep you posted.
 

No comments: