Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Squirrel

I see squirrels in the trees facing my kitchen window all the time. But they keep running and jumping from branch to branch, never allowing me to take a picture. Not so in Golden Gate Park. Last Sunday, on my way to the Academy in Golden Gate Park, and walking through the Rose Garden  I came upon a very friendly squirrel, practically posing to have its picture taken. Of course, that was the day I didn't have my camera along. Faithful photographer that I am, I made a special detour to the Rose Garden today. My efforts were rewarded by a welcoming committee of not one, but four squirrels. There's a bench nearby and I think that people must sit there and feed the little critters. I finally got my picture of, what I think is, a Douglas Squirrel (or Chickaree). 
 

No comments: