Saturday, November 6, 2010

White and Brown

White and brown Pelicans never associate with each other. Except for the two at Wildcare in San Rafael, as evidenced by the picture I took yesterday. The white bird, a female, is named Winter, and has been at Wild Care with a wing injury since 2008. Perdito(a) ("Little Brown One" in Spanish), came to Wild Care as a juvenile with a broken wing more recently. The bird's gender has not yet been determined. It took a while for the two to accept each other in the relatively small enclosure.
 
By the way, I shot through the mesh wire fence, which took a lot of doing. My automatic focus insisted on focusing on the fence, not the birds. Interesting that, when I finally succeeded, the wire does not interfere. Which is one of the four things in the world which I don't comprehend.
 

No comments: