Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Boydz will be Boydz

About a week ago, Bob H and I went to Point Reyes. High up on a light-pole in the parking-lot we discovered an Acorn Woodpecker, busying himself around a hole. At one point he disappeared into the hole. Bob caught a great picture (see picture on the left) of the bird peering out. I was not so lucky!
 
Today Bob T and I went to Point Reyes and headed straight for the light-pole, in the hope of seeing the Woodpecker. After a couple of minutes .........................
............... instead of the Woodpecker, a Bluebird* couple showed up, carrying little twigs and grasses into their new "home". In my picture (on the right) they are just discussing how to decorate their nest. Meanwhile, there was no sign of the evicted Woodpecker.
 
*Positively identified by my Senior Ornithology Adviser, the renowned Dr. J. B.
 

No comments: