Wednesday, March 31, 2010

I have a Secret!

Sometimes I'm amazed at my own flexibility! As I pen (what century is this guy living in?) these lines I can't get over the fact that, in less than twenty-four hours, I switched my focus from Egrets to Elephant Seals. Where only yesterday I went gaga over feathers, today I went ape over whiskers.
 
This afternoon I accompanied charming and sharp Jessica, the Sausalito Marin Scope editor, to the Marine Mammal Center in Fort Cronkhite, Sausalito. We had the rare opportunity of a special tour and I went bananas (from gaga to ape to bananas) snapping close-ups of Elephant- and Harbor-Seal pups.
 
The mission of the Marine Mammal Center is that of a hospital where animals in distress are treated. A trip to the Center will be well worth your effort.
 
For me the toughest part of the tour was fitting on, and removing, a pair of rubber boots, an MMC requirement!
 
I wonder what secret the pup on the left was sharing with the pup on the right.
 

No comments: