Monday, March 8, 2010

Shollenberger Park

Heading back after a birding trip to Santa Rosa (pix soon), Bob H and I visited Shollenberger Park in Petaluma. We were greeted, on the shore, by three rather friendly birds. Bob called them ducks, and I corrected him in a very authoritative voice, that they were geese. The fact of the matter is that I didn't have a clue. I just 'thought' they were geese. They seemed almost tame and perhaps even looking for a hand-out. After parading in front of us, they casually waddled into the water. No sooner did I arrive at home than I consulted my guide-books and - you guessed it - came up with zilch! My guess is that the black birds were males, the light-colored one a female. Be sure to admire their curled tails. I swear they were not rubber-duckies!
 

No comments: