Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Banksy??

Recently I saw the film EXIT THROUGH THE GIFT SHOP at the Rafael  Theater in San Rafael. The film, a sort of documentary, is about an anonymous London street artist, named Banksy, who comes to the United States. Soon his artwork is seen everywhere. I don't want to go into the details of the movie, but I do urge you to see it.
 
Well, a coupe of weeks ago, the Marin Independent Journal published an atrociously lousy picture of a poster depicting a trumpet-player, and suggested that it might be a Banksy. The poster appeared on a wall on Sir Francis Drake Blvd in Greenbrae. Bob H and I spotted it and he took a fuzzy drive-by-shot, since there was not really a good spot for picture-taking, while not getting run over by a car!
 
Then, by pure coincidence, Bob received and E-mail with the message
I need someone to protect me from all the measures they take in order to protect me. - Banksy, street artist (b. 1974) ".
 
All this made me decide to take a picture of the poster before it was gone. And today I did just that. Probably not a moment too soon because part of it was already ripped off. As a matter of fact I used some of my trusty putty (which I carry in my wallet) to attach a torn piece to the wall. I had to take my picture at an angle since the sidewalk was too narrow to step back.
 
Was this worth all the trouble? Of course it was!
 

No comments: