Thursday, July 29, 2010

Acacia Tree Seed Pods

I find Acacia Tree seed pods really beautiful. Each one is a work of art. I took this picture at Bel Marin Keyes, in an area where the ground is carpeted with them.
 
Looking at these seed pods brings to mind the saying 'Stop and smell the flowers', which is really not related to flowers at all. It is a reminder, a message, for each of us, to stop rushing, stop working late, time passes quickly. Stop and enjoy the day, the moment and the minute. Each minute that you miss, is time lost and will not return to you again.
 
But the Acacia Trees brought to mind another memory. Namely that of my dad who was unbelievably allergic to these trees in their flowering stage. I'll never forget his uncontrollable sneezing! Fortunately this is not an affliction I am 'blessed' with (hey - watch that grammar)!
 

1 comment:

LC said...

Beauty captured wonderfully!