Thursday, October 28, 2010

The Perils of Photography

Recently we've all heard a lot about piracy on the high seas. "Stay away from the waters near Somalia" is the word. I have heeded that advice, and managed to keep out of trouble. Until last Tuesday that is, when I was stopped and threatened by a pirate carrying a sword on, normally peaceful, San Anselmo Avenue. With his good eye gleaming, he demanded money from me. It turned out he mistook me for a wealthy banker (gathering foreclosures, no doubt). When I explained that I was merely a photographer, his manner changed and all he asked for was that I take his picture. I asked him to smile but realized too late that I should not have done that. Funny that all this coincided with the approach of Halloween. For what it's worth, I have attached his picture.
 

No comments: