Thursday, August 13, 2009

Art Nouveau

Art critic I am not. However, I am pretty familiar with Art Nouveau, and have a fair number of books on the subject. Marginally I should also mention that the sight of Art Nouveau, and Art Deco, never fails to make my heart tingle.
 
So imagine my surprise when, on Tuesday morning, on my Bolinas Lagoon walk, I ran across three Nasturtiums that were an exact replica of an Art Nouveau painting, firmly imbedded in my mind.
 
This morning I spent an hour, first, unsuccessfully trying to find the painting in my library. Next, trying to figure out how to spell Nasturtium! I tried my usual sources ~ Google, then friends, but drew a blank. The second florist I then called, mercifully helped me out! I credit San Marin Flowers in San Rafael!
 
By the way, I like to munch on Nasturtiums!
 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aaaah! Gorgeous! Love it!

Emma Krasov said...

Hans, it's a beautiful piece you wrote here. I enjoyed every word of it, not to mention the image. Our tastes are so similar, I'm surprised we see so little of each other.

Your friend Emma, the art critic.