Saturday, March 5, 2011

Rancho Shazam

Many of you drive past Rancho Shazam every day on your way to work and probably never notice it. It's located on Nellen Avenue (well, not quite), right next to 101, between the San Anselmo and Lucky Drive exits. If you know where Big 5 and Gold's Gym are, you can't miss it.
 
I paid Lee Greenberg, the owner and creator, a visit today, and wound up spending a couple of hours with this delightful guy. My picture shows Lee, his pooch Lambchop, and the Tin Man, posing in front of one of his buildings. If you look real close, you'll see a yellow bicycle doing a tight-rope act in the upper right.
 
I took lotsa pix and you'll get to see some of them in the days to come.
 

1 comment:

Longshanks said...

Rad. I'm wondering if I can use your photo as the cover of a zine about Shazam for visitors. Here is a draft of the cover. I will of course credit you as the photographer, if that's okay.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Lb6xZEZ78mP-NgfswqnTat1bwGBK5YTO/view?usp=sharing

Tony Nightwalker LeTigre (currently one of the artists in the Rancho Shazam stable of stars)