Saturday, March 26, 2011

Swallow

If you've ever tried to take a picture of a swallow in flight you will know that these little guys/dolls don't stop to pose for you. So yesterday I took so many pictures that I had to come up with at least one fairly good one. The location of my activities was the Las Gallinas Valley Sanitary District (lovingly referred to as LGVSD) Ponds. The swallows there are Barn Swallows, getting ready to build their nests under the bridge near the parking lot. Some of my friends insist they are Cliff Swallows, but the split tail (look at my picture) proves them wrong.
 
In an effort to broaden the horizon of my fans, here's a bit of valuable information. The Non-Marching 52-year-old "Sewer Band" (LGVSD) performs throughout the year. The highlight of its endeavors is the Free Annual Concert at the Marin Veterans Auditorium, this year taking place at 7:30 PM on May 18. Be sure to mark your calendar.
 

No comments: