Saturday, May 31, 2008

Hay Stacker

You are absolutely correct. Farm machinery is not my specialty. But that didn't deter me from being fascinated by this automatic bale wagon. Bob H and I were at the San Pablo Bay National Wildlife Refuge, Tolay Creek, and watched as this machine picked up and stacked bale after bale - lickety-split (I had to use that term, which dates back to the 1830s). One picture is worth a thousand words. Take a close look at my picture and you'll be able to figure out what the machine is doing.
 
And if you now feel you must have one of these devices to stack your alfalfa, Bob found a used one on the Internet for a mere $35,000. But before you decide, you might consider going to an auction. Two of them recently went for $23,000 each. Look for the Model 1085 New Holland bale wagon or harrow bed.
 
After diligently studying my Daily E-mails for three years, and passing the final examination, you will be awarded the Hansean School of Useless Information Graduate Degree. This degree, together with $1.65 (EU 1.06), will buy you a "Tall" at most Starbucks. And do leave a tip.
 

No comments: