Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Zhan Wang

 
I was at the Asian Art Museum in San Francisco a couple of days ago and happened upon Beijing sculptor Zhan Wang's exhibit. The centerpiece is a panorama of San Francisco, composed entirely of pots, pans, etc. I have never seen anything like it and was really impressed. Of course, I didn't have my camera along, so I went back today.
 
Zhan Wang is among the most respected artists in China, creating mostly stainless sculpture of rocks, called "Scholars' Rocks". Some of these were also shown at the Asian.
 
When you look at my picture, note the Ferry Building on the right, and the Transamerica Pyramid, the tallest tower.
 
Gather your husband, wife, partner, offspring, dog, canary, and goldfish, and get yourself to the Asian right away! The show closes on Sunday.
 

No comments: