Friday, May 2, 2008

Mosquito

 
Well, here is the long-promised mosquito picture. Actually I'm not 100% sure it was a mosquito because it was larger than any I've ever seen. Unfortunately (or, perhaps, fortunately) it was dead when I found it, so I couldn't ask for ID. Anyhow, I think my Daily E-mail will serve as a fitting memorial for the insect, regardless of its species.
 
And let me remind you, the aim of my pictures is mostly for artistic, biology being only a bi-product. And the purpose of my writing is to amuse you (and me). If something informative results, it is probably purely accidental!
 
By the way ~ I took the picture with my new close up filter.
 

1 comment:

Ethan Bodle said...

I think the shadows it made.

Not that this is a biology forum... but I browsed the internet a bit and I think this is most likely some kind of crane fly... seems like there are a lot of different species of crane flies... who knew?